The generous sponsors of this weeks giveaways have provided me with products for some of the recipes I share this week, however, as always opinions and commentary are all my own!
Flavors of Fall week is winding down, but there are still plenty of recipe ideas coming your way. Today I am sharing a recipe for pecan cinnamon rolls with pecan cream cheese frosting.
Just like apples, I think pecans are definitely a flavor that reminds me of fall. These Pecan Caramel Pumpkin Muffins are another example of that!
As a participant in Flavors of Falls I was gifted with a selection of products from Millican Pecan company. I knew exactly what I wanted to make.
For this recipe I used the chopped pecans and the creamy pecan butter (which by the way is heavenly on toast!). The rolls are swirled with a blend of brown sugar, cinnamon and chopped pecans. The best part though is the icing. I whipped cream cheese with the creamy pecan butter and some confectioners sugar and cinnamon.
Let’s just say Tim really, really, really loved them. Yes, that was really times three! One for every roll he ate!
You too could be enjoying some delicious Millican Pecan goodies if you enter and win this weeks Flavors of Fall giveaway! Don’t forget to scroll down to enter and also to find the links for all of today’s participants recipes.
Pin to make these Pecan Cinnamon Rolls later!
But first, the recipe for these decadent pecan cinnamon rolls!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup warm water (approx 110 degrees)
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- FOR FILLING
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- FOR FROSTING
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup creamy pecan butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- splash of milk
- In a small saucepan heat milk, sugar, salt and butter over medium heat just until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in the bowl for stand mixer. Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs and 5 cups of the flour. Attache bowl to mixer and attache dough hook. Beat on low speed for 2 mintues.
- Continuing beating on low speed and add remanining flour 1/2 cup at a time. Mix for 2 mintues or until dough cleans the sides of the bowl. Continue to knead on low speed for 2 mintues.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with a clean damp cloth and allow to rise in warm place until double in size (about an hour).
- Return mixing bowl to stand mixer and using the paddle attachement, beat all ingredients for the filling.
- When dough has doubled, punch down and turn out onto lightly floured surface. Roll out to approximately 10 by 24, spread filling on the rolled dough and roll up tightly along the long side.
- Trim ends and carefully cut into 21 slices using a sharp knife.
- Grease 1 9 x 13 and 1 8 inch square pan. Arrange 12 rolls in the large pan and 9 rolls in the small one. Cover and let rise 45 to 60 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 22 minutes or until tops are lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before frosting.
In the bowl of electric mixer beat cream cheese and pecan butter until smooth and fluffy. Add confectioners sugar, vanilla and splash of milk. Beat on high speed until well combined. Spread on slightly cooled rolls.
Oh, and please consider subscribing to Red Cottage Chronicles. I will keep you up to date with an email whenever a new post goes live.
It could be flowers, a recipe, a stunning tablescape, or another fun project to make your house a home! Simply click here to subscribe. I never sell or share your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Until next time….Welcome to Flavors of Fall where we celebrate all things associated with fall like squash, apples, pecans, sweaters, football; you get the idea! Ellen from Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures have gathered 24 bloggers who have over 100 recipes they’re sharing this week in celebration of cool weather and sweatshirts. We hope you find many must make recipes so get your pinning, tweeting, and sharing fingers ready!
Here’s what we made for Friday:
Cold Brew Pumpkin Spice Latte by Palatable Pastime
Pomegranate Ginger Whiskey Sour by The Redhead Baker
Slow Cooker Spiked Apple Cider by Cheese Curd In Paradise
Vanilla Caramel Apple Latte by Blogghetti
Pecan Cinnamon Rolls by Red Cottage Chronicles
Pumpkin Spice Praline Pecan Scones with Maple Coffee Glaze by Family Around the Table
Pumpkin Pie Pecan Butter by Daily Dish Recipes
Sweet Potato Cinnamon Buns by Love and Confections
Air Fryer Butternut Squash by Crumb Top Baking
Roasted Fall Veggies Tacos by Our Good Life
Bourbon Pecan Pie Affogato by Books n’ Cooks
Caramel Apple Autumn Spice Parfait by The Freshman Cook
Easy Pecan Tarts by Everyday Eileen
Spice Cake with Caramel Frosting by Sweet Beginnings
Sweet Potato Dutch Baby by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Make sure you like Fall Flavors on Facebook and follow the Fall Flavors on Pinterest, too! a Rafflecopter giveaway
Prize 1 – Door County Coffee and Tea CompanyFounded in 1993 in Door County, WI, Door County Coffee and Tea Company is a small family owned business. Roasting a variety of flavors for 26 years, one winner will receive three full pot bags of all of their fall flavors. 21 bags in all! Their mission through the years has been to produce high quality, best-tasting coffee using only Specialty Class 1 Arabica coffee beans. Combine that with superior roasting technology and you get a wonderfully even and perfect roast every time and that means the perfect pot of coffee. A $40 value.
Prize 2 – Millican Pecan Tower of Treats Gift TinsOriginally founded as the West Texas Pecan Nursery in the late 1800’s, Millican Pecan is now in 5th generation ownership. Located in San Saba, TX, the family continues the tradition of pecan farming while also branching the business into the online world. The family also enjoys educating people about pecans. One winner will receive The Tower of Treats Gift Tins. The tower includes 3 decorative gift tins stacked on top of each other. The bottom tin includes our 2 lb. Chocolate Pecan Sampler, the middle tin is our Flavored Pecan Sampler and the top tin is a 8 oz. tin of Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles). An $80 value.
Two (2) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Bloggers are not responsible for prize fulfillment. Winners have 24 hours to respond once notified by email, or they forfeit the prize and an alternate winner will be chosen. The #FallFlavors bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members living in the household cannot enter or win the giveaway. Entries will be verified. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to US Residents only. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter the giveaway. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors posts or entry. Thank you to our sponsors Millican Pecan and Door County Coffee and Tea for providing prizes.