Only you will know that these no-fail chocolate chip cheesecake bars start with refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. Filled with a cherry cheesecake filling they are oh, so good!
Have you started your holiday baking yet? I have to admit I am feeling a little behind this year. I usually start in mid November and have everything done and in the freezer by the first week in December.
This year I am pairing down my baking a bit, making a few family favourites including what we call Grampie’s Favourite Squares! A delicious combination of peanut butter, butterscotch chips and fruit flavoured mini marshmallows!
While I don’t often take shortcuts when I bake I know that there are some people who don’t feel as passionate about baking as I do but still want to make fabulous treats for their friends and family!
Or, maybe you are just at the beginning of your baking journey and want a recipe with just a few ingredients and no complicated instructions to follow.
In either case, these chocolate chip cheesecake bars really fit the bill. Just 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep is all it takes to get these into the oven!
The only 5 ingredients you will need
- 16 ounce roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
How to make shortcut chocolate chip cheesecake brownies
- Cut a 16 ounce roll of refrigerated cookie dough in half. Press half the dough into the bottom of a parchment lined 8 inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries and stir to combine. Spread mixture over the cookie dough.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the cream cheese mixture evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.
These bars are best kept stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They also freeze well for longer storage of up to 3 months.
I fully intended to get these into the freezer ASAP, as I knew they would go fast if I didn’t. I underestimated the speed at which some of family members can consume sweet treats! They didn’t make it to the freezer!
Since they are so easy to make, I really don’t mind. I can easily make another batch right before Christmas Day!
More Bar Cookies You Might Like
- 1 - 16 ounce pkg refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 - 8 ounce pkg of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment that extends up over the sides a bit.
- Press about half the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Add cherries and mix on low just until combined. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie dough.
- Using the remaining cookie dough, break into pieces and crumble over the cream cheese filling. Press down lightly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until well chilled before cutting into bars,
Before making each cut, run the knife under hot water and dry with a towel. This will result in clean slices.