Only you will know that these no-fail chocolate chip cheesecake bars start with refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough. Filled with a cherry cheesecake filling they are oh, so good!
Have you started your holiday baking yet? I have to admit I am feeling a little behind this year. I usually start in mid November and have everything done and in the freezer by the first week in December.
This year I am pairing down my baking a bit, making a few family favourites including what we call Grampie’s Favourite Squares! A delicious combination of peanut butter, butterscotch chips and fruit flavoured mini marshmallows!
While I don’t often take shortcuts when I bake I know that there are some people who don’t feel as passionate about baking as I do but still want to make fabulous treats for their friends and family!
Or, maybe you are just at the beginning of your baking journey and want a recipe with just a few ingredients and no complicated instructions to follow.
In either case, these chocolate chip cheesecake bars really fit the bill. Just 5 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep is all it takes to get these into the oven!
The only 5 ingredients you will need
- 16 ounce roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
How to make shortcut chocolate chip cheesecake brownies
- Cut a 16 ounce roll of refrigerated cookie dough in half. Press half the dough into the bottom of a parchment lined 8 inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, egg, and sugar until smooth and creamy. Add 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries and stir to combine. Spread mixture over the cookie dough.
- Crumble the remaining cookie dough over the cream cheese mixture evenly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven until golden brown.
These bars are best kept stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. They also freeze well for longer storage of up to 3 months.
I fully intended to get these into the freezer ASAP, as I knew they would go fast if I didn’t. I underestimated the speed at which some of family members can consume sweet treats! They didn’t make it to the freezer!
Since they are so easy to make, I really don’t mind. I can easily make another batch right before Christmas Day!
More Bar Cookies You Might Like
Blueberry Cheesecake Crumble Bars
Chocolate Chip Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Chip Cherry Cheesecake bars are so easy to make. The secret? They are made with refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough!
- 1 - 16 ounce pkg refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 - 8 ounce pkg of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch baking pan with parchment that extends up over the sides a bit.
- Press about half the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Add cherries and mix on low just until combined. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie dough.
- Using the remaining cookie dough, break into pieces and crumble over the cream cheese filling. Press down lightly.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate until well chilled before cutting into bars,
Before making each cut, run the knife under hot water and dry with a towel. This will result in clean slices.
[…] Chocolate Chip Cherry Cheesecake bars […]