Frozen dessert recipes like this Frozen Limoncello cocktail are perfect anytime of year, but especially refreshing on hot summer days!
More like ice cream, this tangy lemon dessert tastes just as good as it starts to melt, as it is frozen! Pour an extra splash of Limoncello over top and you have yourself a delicious float!
It isn’t often that one goes to a distillery to buy hand sanitizer! But, then again it has been a year full of doing things differently, hasn’t it?
No, hand sanitizer is not an ingredient in this recipe, but I did take the opportunity to pick up a few other spirits including a bottle of Limoncello!
In case you are confused, let me explain! At the beginning of the pandemic when hand sanitizer was flying off the shelves and those who needed it most like health care providers and hospitals were not able to get it, a local distillery stepped up to the plate and pivoted a production line to make the badly needed hand sanitizer for essential services.
The best part. They provided it at no charge!
When it was clear they were meeting the needs of those who needed it the most, they began offering it for sale to the public. Well, you can’t go to a distillery and only buy hand sanitizer! So, of course I also grabbed a bottle of Limoncello.
I have been hoarding frozen dessert recipes lately.
They have been our go-to treats during this hot and humid summer so I decided to use this to create this lip-puckering frosty dessert!
This is a super simple recipe that brings fresh whipping cream, tangy lemon curd and of course limoncello together in a swirly frozen dessert.
Scooped into cocktail glasses and garnished with a frozen lemon slice and a spring of lemon thyme, it is a feast to the eyes as well as the tummy!
What started out as a trip to ensure clean hands during a pandemic turned into a luscious lemon frozen dessert!
Who would have thought?!
Until next time…….
I used homemade lemon curd, but store bought will suffice just fine. You can find the recipe I used within this recipe for Triple Lemon Cake!
Using a shallow 2 quart glass casserole dish is perfect for freezing and for scooping the perfect scoops!
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6-8 tablespoons limoncello (divided)
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Add whipping cream to the bowl of electric mixer and whip just until thickened. Add sugar and 3 to 4 tablespoons limoncello. Continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk together lemon curd and remaining 3 to 4 tablespoons limoncello until well combined.
- In a shallow glass casserole dish spread the prepared whipped cream mixture. Add dollops of the lemon curd randomly on top and using a knife, gently swirl it into the whipped cream.
- Freeze for at lest 4 hours, or overnight.
- Scoop into chilled cocktail glasses and garnish with a frozen lemon slice. For extra pucker pour a splash of limoncello over top!
Makes six 1 scoop servings