Planning any summer parties? Want a dessert that looks like you were in the kitchen all day, but really gives you all the time to enjoy your guests!
This Raspberry Pistachio Napolean is sure to impress!
It looks and tastes fancy schmancy, but requires very little effort.
Really, it takes only about 30 minutes from start to finish!
I know…..hard to believe 30 minutes and you are the pastry queen! While you are glowing in all the compliments about your amazing pastry skills, you can tell everyone how hard you worked in the kitchen to create something special just for them!
When really all you had to do was take one sheet of frozen puff pastry, partially thawed, and using a pizza wheel and a ruler cut into four 3″ by 6″ rectangles.
Then place each on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and pierce each piece all over with a fork. Lay another sheet of parchment paper on top of pastry and cover with another cookie sheet.
Place in the oven preheated to 400 degrees. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove top cookie sheet and parchment paper and continue to bake for 2 to 5 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool.
While the pastry is baking combine 3/4 cup ricotta cheese, 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar, 1/4 tsp vanilla and about a tsp of grated orange rind. When the pastries are completely cool spread half the mixture on the flat side of each of two of the pastry rectangles. Using 1/4 cup chopped pistachios, sprinkle over each half. Arrange fresh raspberries over each (you will need 1/2 pint).
Top each with the remaining two pastry rectangles and dust with a bit of confectioners sugar.
You`re all set to impress!!
You can cut each in half to be enjoyed by 4, or leave them as they are for a more intimate party for two!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed
- 3/4 cup light ricotta cheese (you can use full fat if you wish)
- 4 tbsp. confectioners sugar, divided
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp finally grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup roasted salted pistachios, shells removed and chopped
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries (I use organic)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and line cookie tray with parchment paper
- Cut pastry to 4 rectangles, measuring 3″ by 6″ each
- Place each rectangle on prepared cookie sheet and pierce all over with a fork. Cover with another sheet of parchment and place another cookie sheet on top.
- Place this in the oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove top cookie sheet and parchment paper and continue baking for approximately 2 to 5 minutes (it took mine 3 1/2 minutes) or just until golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile in a mixing bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, vanilla extract, 3 tbsp. confectioners sugar and orange zest.
- Divide the cheese mixture between two of the pastry rectangles, spreading just to edges. Sprinkle each with pistachios and then arrange raspberries over pistachios.
- Cover raspberries with the remaining two pastry rectangles.
- Sprinkle each with remaining tbsp. of confectioners sugar.
Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life says
Maureen… you’re killing me. I need you to either send me desserts in the mail or come be my personal dessert chef. These are gorgeous. And yes, they do look like you spent all day preparing them. I need to get brave one of these days and start making your creations.
I have a feeling they wouldn’t look quite as nice if I send them by mail!!
Foodie in WV says
I love any type of berries, especially raspberries. This looks great, your photos have me hungry 🙂
Thank you! I am a berry lover too and strawberry season has just begun in our area!!
Stopping by from Full Plate Thursday…just wanted to say I wish I could reach into the screen and take a bite! Looks yummy! Would love it if you would join us at the Rock ‘N Share Linky Party. Have a great weekend! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch
Tumbleweed Contessa says
These are almost to pretty to eat. They look like a great summer time dessert. Thanks for sharing at What’d You Do This Weekend. Best wishes for tasty dishes this week!
What a delicious and impressive looking dessert!!!! I absolutely love Napoleons, and the raspberry pistachio flavors sound just perfect!!! YUM!!!
OMGoodness…if I had the stuff I would make this now! I love puff pastry desserts! Thanks for sharing your recipe at The Shady Porch! Hope to see ya again Wednesday…the Rock ‘N Share is a NO RULEs party now! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch
Thank you! Will be sure to join the party on Wednesday 🙂
Miz Helen says
Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Thank you Miz Helen!
Madonna/aka/Ms. Lemon says
What a Wow dessert! I love these type of desserts.
Thank you Ms. Lemon! Napoleons are a favorite of mine 🙂
Miz Helen says
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Hope you have a fabulous week and enjoy your new Red Plate.
Come Back Soon,