This is not your average chocolate peanut butter cheesecake! A secret ingredient takes it to the next level! The easy cheesecake jars will quickly become a family favourite!
If you ask me, the 1980’s was probably the best decade ever. The best for music, the best teen movies and the best big hairstyles. Okay, maybe not the hairstyles, but definitely a fun decade.
The 80’s also reminds me of a television commercial where two random strangers were walking along minding their own business, one eating a jar of peanut butter and the other eating a bar of chocolate, when they suddenly bump into each other. The chocolate lands in the jar of peanut butter, they both take a taste, and the rest is history!
Sure, the irresistible combination of peanut butter and chocolate was created long before the 1980’s, but that commercial summed up the most iconic flavor combination at the most basic level.
I love making cheesecake jars. I wanted to put on my own delicious twist on that iconic flavour combination. Make it way better than basic! But, I wondered if it that was even possible.
The secret to these scrumptious chocolate peanut butter cheesecake jars?
Toblerone! Yup. Swiss milk chocolate with filled little bits of nougat. No plain old chocolate for this cheesecake. This one secret ingredient is all you need to take it from basic to BAM!
Ingredients you will need
- chocolate cookie crumbs
- cream cheese
- peanut butter
- Toblerone chocolate bar
- Cool Whip
Kitchen Tools You Will need
These are the perfect portable dessert that are perfect for packing in picnic baskets or lunch bags. They also make wonderful little treats for bake sales, or pot lucks. Just twist on the lid and they are ready to go!
These no-bake pumpkin cheesecake in a jar is another easy dessert that is perfectly delicious and perfectly portable!
You might also want to give these melt in your mouth Toblerone shortbread a try!
Until next time…
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 250 gram pkgs cream cheese
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 100 gram Toblerone chocolate bars, chopped and divided
- + one for garnish (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip topping, divided
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted chocolate and press into the bottom of jars.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of electric mixer combine cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar on medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in 1/2 of the chopped Toblerone.
- Using a spatula, fold in 1 cup of the Cool Whip.
- Divide mixture evenly between prepared jars, smoothing carefully over chilled crust.
- Melt remaining chopped Toblerone and remaining 1/2 cup Cool Whip in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and let cool slightly.
- Divide evenly over cheesecakes, spreading to cover and refrigerate until set.