Updated October 1, 2023
Now that it is officially autumn, I can actually talk about pumpkin spice without all the summer lovers reminding me it is too early, and this pumpkin spice smoothie is a great place to start!
Today I am sharing a super easy, very healthy Pumpkin Smoothie! If you missed yesterdays recipe for bakery style caramel pecan pumpkin muffins you will want to check them out!
Why I love smoothies
Smoothies are a mainstay around our house. Not only are the super easy to make, but if you choose the right ingredients they can be super healthy and taste like dessert in a glass!
Smoothies are easy to customize and the perfect on-the-go breakfast or after school/work snack.
This Cherry Peach Smoothie is another was to make favourite!
Pumpkin is an excellent choice when making a healthy smoothie since it is packed with fibre, beta-carotene and potassium. It makes for a nutritious start to the day that will keep you full until lunch time!
This post contains affiliate links that may provide me with a small commission, if you choose to make a purchase, with no additional cost to you. (Which is very much appreciated and helps me with the costs of improving and maintaining Red Cottage Chronicles.)
Ingredients need for a pumpkin pie smooth
- pure pumpkin puree
- Almond (or other dairy free milk)
- ice cubes
- pumpkin pie spice
- ground flax
- pure maple syrup
- pure vanilla extract (optional)
Healthy Smoothie Additions
- your favourite protein powder
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (if you don’t mind dairy)
- a hand full of baby spinach
- regular milk, if you don’t mind dairy
- soy milk instead of Almond milk adds extra protein
- apple butter instead of maple syrup for a natural sweetener
- pitted Medjool dates instead of maple syrup for a natural sweetener
Best blender for making smoothies
Any high powered blender works well to ensure all the ingredients are blending thoroughly and evenly. Blenders such as Vitamix blenders will ensure even spinach is pulverized and integrated smoothly, but any quality blender should do the trick.
- 3/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 cups Almond (or other dairy free milk)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or more/less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.