Even though the forcast calls for snow every day this week, I know spring is so close I can taste it!
Consider this a reward for making it through another winter!
I think my favorite thing about springtime is all the wonderful colors that come with it. Today I decided to bring a little spring to a basic cheesecake recipe.
Cupcake size cheesecake
Homemade lemon curd (you can used bottled if you have one you like)
Your favorite fresh fruits
A little apricot glaze sets the fresh fruit and gives it a glossy look!
The recipe makes 18 to 20, so plenty to share at Easter Brunch.
Be creative with arranging the fruit. I think this one looks a bit like a pansy!
So there you have it! A little bit of springtime on your plate!!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 pkg cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- For Crust:
- Mix graham crumbs, 2 tbsp sugar, and melted butter until well moistened.
- Divide crumbs evenly into 18 muffin tins lined with cupcake liners.
- Press down and set aside.
- For Cheesecake:
- Mix cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar and extracts with an electric mixer until well blended, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared crusts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Then place in fridge to cool for 2 hours.
- For Curd:
- Whisk together egg yolks, egg, sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind in a heatproof metal bowl.
- Place bowl over pot of simmering water and whisk gently until mixture is thick, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Cover and refridgerate until ready to use.
- To assemble spread approximately 1 tbsp of curd over top of cooled cheesecake. Arrange cut fruit on top. Glaze with 3 tbsp apricot jam that has been melted in microwave for approximately 20 seconds.
I have linked up here today! Pop on over to see lots more wonderful recipes!
- I would love to have you as a subscriber!!