Its been a long stretch since I felt like baking, but today I was feeling like some peanut butter cookies. I pulled out my go-to recipe and set to work.
Somehow, between creaming the butters and the sugar, and sifting the dry ingredients I had to stop and wash the floor. It could have had something to do with the long awaited arrival of above zero temperatures…..and this beast!
With the paws cleaned, the floor cleaned and me cleaned it was back to the cookies.
I sifted the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl and beat it until the dough came together. Rolled it into 1 inch balls and it wasn’t until I had gotten to this step….
…….that I realized I forgot to add the two eggs!
I was not about to start over, so I just went ahead and baked as usual, and hoped for the best. I figured if the first tray didn’t turn out I could just eat the cookie dough since it had no eggs! I was pleasantly surprised at the result. A soft, moist, chewy peanut butter cookie!
The recipe below includes the eggs, but I will be making them again without them. They were that good! In fact no-one has even noticed the difference!
Perfect with a cold glass of milk.
Looking outside now, it is snowing again and temps have dropped closer to zero! I think it is safe to let Tripper out again without having to wash to floor when he comes in!
- 250 grams butter
- 250 grams smooth peanut butter
- 175 grams granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 350 grams all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment
- Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar and salt in the bowl of mixer.
- If you are using, add eggs one at a time beating between each addition. (Trust me, you won’t miss them!
- Sift remaining ingredients into the creamed mixture and beat until dough comes together somewhat.
- Form into one inch balls, place on prepared baking sheets and press with a fork. Dipping the fork into warm water between each cookie will prevent it from sticking.
- Bake for 10 to 11 minutes. Just until bottoms are golden. The may appear undercooked on top.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack before storing in airtight container.