Chocolate Cream Pie…..enough said!
Melt 125 grams of milk or dark chocolate over a double boiler
Meanwhile, beat egg yolks and whole egg in a stainless steel bowl. Combine the cornstarch and sugar and mix into the eggs. Beat with whisk until perfectly smooth. This really takes just a minute to acheive a nice smooth mixture.
Temper the egg mixture by slowly whisking in hot milk in a slow, thin stream. Return mixture to heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly until mixture is thickened. Again, this will take only a minute or two, so watch carefully!
Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until butter is completely melted and mixture is smooth. Add the melted chocolate and fold in to incorporate.
Pour into prepared shell and cool.
Allow to cool and decorate with whipped cream. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Tune in tomorrow for……Skeleton Brownies!
- 1 pie pastry, either frozen or homemade
- 500 ml whole milk
- 63 grams sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 38 grams cornstarch
- 63 gram sugar
- 28 gram butter or margarine
- 125 grams dark or milk chocolate, melted
- whipped cream
- Blind bake pie shell
- Place sugar, milk and vanilla in a thick bottomed saucepan. Bring to boil without disturbing sugar
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and whole eggs
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and add to egg mixture, whisking until well blended and smooth
- Temper egg mixture by slowly streaming in hot milk, whisking all the while
- Return to heat and boil, whisking constantly, until mixture is thickened
- Remove from heat and add butter, stirring until melted and mixture is smooth. Add melted chocolate, folding in to combine
- Fill baked pie shell and allow to cool
- Decorate with whipped cream and refrigerate until ready to serve