This weekend marks the unofficial start of summer here in Canada! Known as the Victoria Day Weekend, but even better known as the May 2, 4 weekend, it is the weekend many families head north to open their cottages.
The garden centers are packed with homeowners picking up plants and supplies as the chance of frost has finally past.
One thing is for sure, everyone is back outside in their yards again, and the smell of barbecue is all over the neighbourhood!
Our backyard is no exception.
Now that the gardens are weeded, the screen porch cleanup is underway, the patio furniture has come out of hiding and the barbecue has been cleaned and polished, it is time to throw our favorite burgers on the barbie!
Every summer my husband hosts a golf day and barbecue for his co-workers and these Buffalo Wing Burgers are a huge hit.
If these buffalo wing burgers and my Lavender Honey Ice Cream are not on the menu, you can bet I am going to hear about it!
A juicy homemade patty with a touch of Frank’s Red Hot Chicken Wing sauce is grilled to perfection before being placed on a crispy toasted kaiser bun.
Then comes the best part! A sprinkling of caramelized onions, then a generous layer of tangy blue cheese and finally, a smothering of buffalo wing sauce.
Serve these buffalo wing burgers with a side of crispy onion rings, french fried potatoes or summer salad and you have a complete delicious summer barbecue meal.
Our first of the season, or should I say, our first of the weekend!
With a stellar weather forecast for the entire long weekend I have a feeling we will be dining al fresco all weekend long!
Until next time….
- 1 pound lean ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon + 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce Buffalo Wing Flavour
- Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 4-6 kaiser buns
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon hot sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce until well blended.
- Form meat mixture into 4 to 6 hamburger patties (depending on what size you like)
- Grill over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, combine melted butter, remaining 1/4 cup hot sauce, and a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce whisking until smooth and well combined
- Crumble the blue cheese
- Toast split kaisers to your liking on the grill
- To assemble: place a grilled burger on a toasted bun and top with chunks of blue cheese and spoon over hot sauce as desired.
- These burgers are also delicious when you add caramelized onions before topping with blue cheese!
- Grilled Peach and Pineapple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Let’s Get This BBQ Started!
- Bruschetta with Grilled Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa by Taste And See
- Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
The Main Event
- Bison Sliders with Special Sauce by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinated Grilled Steak by Books n’ Cooks
- Buffalo Wing Burger by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chicken Mazatlan by Palatable Pastime
- Greek Lamb Burgers by Positively Stacey
- Grilled Avocado with Confetti Shrimp Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Shrimp Corn Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Duck with a Red Wine Reduction by Monica’s Table
- Grilled London Broil Steak Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Pork and Pineapple Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Ribeye with Simple Spice Rub by Cooking Chat
- Grilled Salami Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Grilled Honey Balsamic Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Orange Tomato Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Strawberry Mango Salsa by simple and savory
- Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops by My World Simplified
- How to Grill Salmon and Shrimps in Banana Leaves by Asian In America
- Lemon Herbed Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Momma’s Meals
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Ever!! by A Day in the Life on the Farm
On a Side Note
- Easy Garlicky Grilled Polenta by She Loves Biscotti
- Easy Grilled Artichokes by April Golightly
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Manchego Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Cantaloupe Salad with Queso Fresco and Herbs by Cooking With Carlee
- Grilled Corn with Herb Butter by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad by Cookin’ Mimi
Saucy Sentiments and Rebellious Rubs
- Homemade Burger Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Coffee Steak Rub by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Grilled Banana Boats by Our Good Life
- Grilled Blueberry Cobbler by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Dessert Pizza by Baking Sense
- Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Sorbet by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Strawberry & Blue Basil Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Super Simple Grilled Peaches by And She Cooks
Plus Piri Piri Sauce and Recipes for Summer Grilling from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Maureen, these look delish! Yesterday, I was pondering what new treat I could conjure up for the barbecue (while weeding our garden no less) and came up empty. I decided I would have to do some browsing on the Internet to find something.
This is such a timely arrival in my mail box! I love ‘hot’, carmelized onions (yum), and blue cheese. I think i’ll go with ground chicken since I like it better than beef.
The results should be stunning and you’re right, we’ve finally been blessed with a beautiful warm weekend. I can hardly even believe that it snowed just last weekend.
Thanks Jan! It has been a long weekend full of outdoor activities with grilling at the top of the list!!
The burgers were absolutely delicious! I did go ahead and use ground chicken for mine and had to add some siracha sauce to the hot sauce ‘dressing’ since, “Oops! I don’t have quite enough hot sauce left!!” With my love of caramelized onions, they were also included.
They were a hit with everyone and I’m sure they will be served up again soon. Thank you for sharing!
Yum! There is just something about a burger that screams summer. Yours look absolutely amazing. I love the combo of buffalo sauce and burgers and all that bleu cheese…. I wish I had one now!
I love the flavors in this burger. It really looks so tasty.
Love that you turned these into buffalo burgers! Yum!
Another Canadian member of Sunday Supper!! Happy May Long 🙂 I’ve been so curious about your burgers since I saw your post title… and they did not disappoint. WOW they look good!!
I have been thoroughly enjoying my Monday off! Next week I will be sulking because all of my American friends will have the long weekend!!
Cindy Kerschner says
A classic flavor combo. I like that it works with any ground meat!
Anything with frank’s is delicious! I love the carmelized onions.
So true Anne! Frank’s is a kitchen staple at our house 🙂
These would be perfect for Father’s Day at our house. Buffalo wings and burgers happen to be two of my husband’s favorite foods! Thanks for sharing at our Father’s Day party!