People look at me like I have two heads when I tell them I like winter. I love the crisp cold air, the snowy landscape that makes everything seem so much brighter, and truth be told, I don’t mind hunkering down in a good old fashioned snowstorm (as long as all my peoples are safe!)
There are so many other things about the winter season I love, and the return of comfort foods are high on the list! Foods like this delicious chicken pot pie recipe that I am sharing today.
Today I am getting together with a few of my Canadian blogging friends to share our favourite cold weather, comfort food recipes. You can find links a little further down to each and every delicious recipe as well as a printable recipe for my Chicken Pot Pie.
I first came across this easy chicken pot pie recipe in a copy of a seasonal publication from Kraft here in Canada. However, since I forgot to make a list when I went to the grocery store I didn’t exactly get the ingredients the recipe called for, so I made it all my own!
The original recipe called for a homemade cream cheese pastry. Since I was adding this to my weeknight meal plan, I decided to use prepared frozen puff pastry instead. Huge time saver, but still a lot of buttery pastry flavor.
It also called for Philadelphia Cooking Cream in Italian Three Cheese Flavour. What did I buy? Philadelphia Cream Cheese in Herb and Garlic, not the cooking cream just plain old tub of cream cheese. I did manage to buy the right frozen veggies!
I love using little ramekins for these individual pies. I have a couple of different sets in different sizes. I have had mine for years, but (affiliate link) these ramekins are similar.
As it turned out, this chicken pot pie was delicious. Loaded with chunks of chicken and vegetables in a creamy garlic and herb sauce covered in a crispy flaky crust, it was a huge hit. I even made a vegetarian one for Sam (Just left out the chicken) and baked it in a different size ramekin so she didn’t bite into the wrong one!
- 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, defrosted as per package directions
- 1 250 ml tub garlic and herb cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 3 cups frozen vegetables, (broccoli, cauliflower & carrot mix), defrosted
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk cream cheese and milk until smooth
- Add defrosted frozen vegetables and chopped chicken to the cream cheese mixture and stir until combined
- Divide mixture between 6 ramekins.
- Roll out chilled puff pastry and cut into 6 circles, 1 inch larger than ramekins. Place one pastry round over each ramekin and pinch to seal. Cut small slits in the top of pastry to allow steam to escape.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden and puffed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just slightly before serving.
It could be fashion, a healthy lifestyle, flowers, a recipe, a stunning tablescape, or decor tips to make your house a home! Simply click here to subscribe. I never sell or share your information, and you can unsubscribe at any time!
Until next time….