This melt in your mouth shortbread filled with Skor toffee bits is super easy to throw together and will quickly become a favorite! It makes 30 nice sized cookies and can easily be doubled.
You will thank me later!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons icing sugar (confectioners sugar)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 bag Skor toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of electric mixer, blend butter till soft and fluffy.
- Sift the icing sugar into the butter and mix until well blended.
- Sift in the cornstarch and mix until combined well.
- Add flour and mix until dough comes together.
- Add vanilla and mix just until combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer and stir in toffee chips.
- Using a 1 tablespoon size scoop, scoop the dough onto parchment lined baking sheets leaving room for cookie to spread
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, just until edges golden. Cookies will still be a bit soft.
- Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.