Wednesday already! That means we are half way through #FarmersMarketWeek, and today I am celebrating the bountiful peach group here in Niagara with a delicious, creamy Peach Almond Mousse.
The Market Square vendors didn’t disappoint with their selection of peaches last weekend, and things will only get better as more varieties hit the stands.
This creamy mousse only has a few ingredients including fresh peaches, sugar, almonds, almond syrup, and gelatin.
If you are wondering what the heck is almond syrup is, it is just a simple syrup flavoured with almond extract. I combined 1 cup water with 1 cup sugar and heated, stirring until the it just barely begins to boil and sugar is completely dissolved. After it cooled I added 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure almond extract and you have a delicious almond syrup that not only works for this recipe, but tastes great in coffee too!
The recipe makes six servings, but I have to admit I ate one before I even bothered to chill it. Oh, did I mention I also cleared the mixing bowl clean too! It is that good! Peachy, yet almondy at the same time!
Mousse is such a versatile dessert. Fancy it up, like I did, by serving in your prettiest crystal dessert dishes and topping with finely chopped peaches and slivered almonds or spooning it into a mason jar and dolloping some whipped cream on top.
Either way this Peach Almond Mousse is a fabulous way to enjoy the beauty of fresh juicy peaches!
- 2 tsp granulated gelatin sprinkled over 2 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 10 ounces fresh peaches, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup blanched diced almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond syrup + 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and set aside
- Puree the peaches with the sugar in a medium sized bowl and puree with an immersion blender until smooth (or use a standard blender or food processor)
- In a small saucepan combine blanched almonds with the syrup and water and process with an immersion blender until slightly grainy, and warm over low heat.
- Add gelatin and stir well until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add almond mixture to the pureed fruit and stir well.
- Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks and using a spatula gently fold into the peach/almond mixture until fully combined
- Divide evenly between 6 parfait cups and chill for two hours
- Top with additional finely chopped peaches and slivered almonds if desired
Don’t forget to check out all the amazing recipes below featuring market fresh produce!
Until next time……
#FarmersMarket Wednesday Recipes
Chicken and Summer Veggie Tostadas by The Redhead Baker
Creamy Peach-Almond Cups by Red Cottage Chronicles
Easy Creamed Corn by Feeding Big
Easy Zucchini Refrigerator Pickles by Simple and Savory
Fresh Applesauce by Palatable Pastime
Fresh Raspberry Streusel Muffins by Family Around The Table
Gingered Peach Upside Down Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Grilled Garden Pizza by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Italian Sausage and Summer Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner by Cooking with Carlee
Lemon Curd by The Freshman Cook
Mom’s Zucchini Bread by Books n’ Cooks
Peaches & Cream Protein Smoothie by Tip Garden
Quick Pickles by Bear & Bug Eats
Roasted Eggplant with Tahini by Caroline’s Cooking
Spicy Summer Squash Refrigerator Pickles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla