When I saw the recipe for this Peanut Butter Toblerone Cheesecake I just knew I had to try it! Who doesn’t love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter! I switched it up a bit and made individual cheesecakes in my Weck jars! It is the perfect summer treat as it requires no baking…..so no heating up the kitchen.
I love these jars. I use them for everything from storing pantry items to making desserts! Some day I might just try canning with them! But by far desserts in a jar are my favorite use for them.
The combination of peanut butter, cheesecake and Toblerone was amazing. With Toberlone chunks stirred into the batter, and then more melted and spread over the top you always get a bite of that crispy nougent it is known for. It was hard not to eat it before it made its way into the recipe!
Please excuse the pictures, everyone was waiting to eat them as I was trying to get some decent photos and they were disappearing before I could get them into good lighting!
Combine 1 1/4 cup crushed chocolate cookie crumbs with 1/4 cup butter, melted. Press into the bottom of your jars. I used 6 jars, but you could easily use 8 jars and still get a generous dessert. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
In the bowl of electric mixer (or in a large bowl using a hand mixer) combine 2 pkgs cream cheese, 1 cup smooth peanut butter and 1 cup sugar. Beat on medium speed until well combined and smooth. Add 1 100 gram chopped Toblerone bowl and mix well. Stir in 1 cup thawed cool whip. Divide between your jars smoothing carefully over your prepared crust.
In a microwave safe bowl combine 1/2 cup thawed cool whip and 1 100 gram chopped Toblerone bar. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir and allow to cool slightly. Spread over top of cream cheese mixture and refrigerate until set.
That’s it. All done!
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 250 gram pkgs cream cheese
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 100 gram Toblerone chocolate bars, chopped and divided
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip topping, divided
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted chocolate and press into the bottom of jars.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of electric mixer combine cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar on medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in 1/2 of the chopped Toblerone.
- By hand, stir in 1 cup of the Cool Whip.
- Divide between prepared jars, smoothing carefully over crust.
- Melt remaining chopped Toblerone and remaining 1/2 cup Cool Whip in the microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir and let cool slightly.
- Divide evenly over cheesecakes, spreading to cover and refrigerate until set.