This post is sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
This is one of my favorite weeks of the season. It is Christmas Cookies Week. These Empire Cookies are my favorite recipe from last year. We are starting off the week with a yummy Christmas cookie recipe, plus the opening of entries for prize packs provided by the sponsors of Christmas Cookies Week!
Be sure to scroll down after I have tickled your taste buds with this recipe for Chocolate Cherry Snowballs to enter for your chance to win!
I love this simple cookie recipe for its ease of preparation. Simply mix all the ingredients, shape into balls and bake!
If you have ever checked out my recipes page, you know that I love to bake. In fact, my passion for baking is what prompted me to start this little bog in the first place.
When it comes to baking, I have always used parchment paper to line my baking sheets for an easy non-stick baking surfacing. I have to admit I would begrudgingly buy rolls of parchment knowing that it would end up in the compost bin. You can imagine then, how delighted I was to receive a Silpat non-stick baking mat to try.
The 11 5/8 inch by 16 1/2 inch size fits a half sheet baking pan perfectly. It grips to the pan so there is no sliding around like the parchment paper and it provides even heat transfer so your Christmas cookies (and all your baked goods) are evenly baked.
The best part. Clean-up was a breeze with no wasted money going into the compost bin! It wipes clean with a damp cloth and a rinse under clean water. Shake it off and allow to air dry!
Silpat is giving away one half sheet size Silpat to a lucky winner in our Christmas Cookies week prize giveaway. After you have pinned this recipe, scroll down to see all the prizes available and the contest rules and regulations!
Chocolate Cherry Snowball Christmas Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup confectioners sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup candied cherries, quartered
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet will Silpat or parchment paper & set aside.
In the bowl of electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and starting on slow speed beat another 2 to 3 minutes.
Add almond extract and beat until combined.
In a separate bowl sift together flour and salt. Slowly add to butter mixture on low speed until well combined and dough starts to come together.
Add cherries and stir to combine well
Roll dough into 1 1/4 inch balls and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to almost completely cool.
Put the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar in a bowl and roll each cookie until coated.
Melt chocolate chips over double boiler or in the microwave and drizzle over cookies.
Allow chocolate to fully set and hardened before storing in an airtight container.
Now, lets meet all the bloggers participating today!
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Monday Recipes
- Ach Tannebaum’ Iced Sugar Cookies by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Brown Sugar Ornament Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Butter Pecan Nuggets by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Chocolate Dipped Peppermint Cookies by Tip Garden
- Chocolate Espresso Brown Sugar Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies by Hardly A Goddess
- Chocolate-Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Christmas Macarons by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Christmas Rosette Sugar Cookies by Love and Confections
- Christmas Sprinkle Pudding Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Classic Spritz by Books n’ Cooks
- Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Delicious Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Frostbite Cookies by Cooking With Carlee
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Gingerbread Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Hot Chocolate Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by Caroline’s Cooking
- Oatmeal Rolled Sugar Cookies by House of Nash Eats
- Peppermint Cookie Dough Truffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peppermint Meltaways by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peppermint Pizzelles by Girl Abroad
- Peppermint Thins by Palatable Pastime
- Pistachio Cranberry Macaron by Yumgoggle
- Sour Cream Decorated Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Chocolate Molasses Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars by The Baking Fairy
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread by Kate’s Recipe Box
- White Chocolate Gingerbread Blondies by The Redhead Baker
- Whoville Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Thank you to Ellen at Family Around the Table and Christie at A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #ChristmasCookiesWeek.
Until next time….
Prize Package #1:
From Adams Extracts comes a selection of baking delights including their prize-winning pound cake mix, pure vanilla extract, pure peppermint extract, double strength pure vanilla extract, pound cake flavor extract and vanilla cinnamon sugar.
Adams traces its beginnings back to Battle Creek, Michigan, when John A. Adams began making and selling his Green Plant Sarsaparilla extract, Adamur, in 1888. In 1905, he moved his family to Beeville, TX. At the time, most vanilla was sold to pharmacies and was often labeled “Do not bake or freeze.” John A. Adams, whose imagination was stirred by his wife’s yearning for a flavoring that wouldn’t bake or freeze out, announced that he could produce a better vanilla than the one his wife was currently using. Working with just $6.71 worth of materials on top of an old icebox, John A. Adams discovered the formula he wanted.
Prize Package #2:
YumGoggle is giving away a variety of holiday and Christmas cookie cutters. The winner of this prize package will receive a sleigh, large ornament and two cookie cutter sets. The first is a mug/ sweater set called Ugly Sweater Specialty Cookie Cutter Set and the second is a Santa/ reindeer set called North Pole Specialty Cookie Cutter Set. Each set includes 2 cookie cutters, 2 templates, 2 instruction cars and 4 bonus templates.
The YumGoggle gallery features food photography from contributors around the world. If you’re looking for a recipe, chances are you’ll find it on YumGoggle. The photos not only whet your appetite but you can easily find the recipes by clicking the photo.
Prize Package #3:
The winner of this Sprinkle Pop prize package will get their choice of 3 sprinkle varieties, at $35.00 value. Winner will be contacted by or need to contact Sprinkle Pop for fulfillment.
Sprinkle Pop offers trendy sprinkle mixes that you won’t find anywhere else. Fun fact: Over 50% of their sprinkle mixes are dyed in house, making each experience one of a kind. Sprinkle Pop also creates one of a kind confetti shapes that are unique to their mixes. Make every occasion a festive one with these fun sprinkle creations.
Prize Package #4:
One winner will receive an 11 5/8 inch x 16 1/2 inch Silpat® baking mat which is perfect for all of your cookie baking throughout the year. Reduces the need for parchment and is reusable.
The original silicone baking mat made from a dedicated silicone with reinforced fiberglass mesh. Nothing sticks to Silpat® which means you’ll spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying your baking creations. Silpat® replaces the need for butter, grease, oils, and sprays.
- Multi-purpose non-stick silicone baking and pastry mat.
- No cooking sprays, oils or parchment paper needed.
- Not to be used as a cutting surface.
- Can be used in the oven, microwave and freezer.
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entr